Christopher Reed, Senior Counsel, Content Protection Policy at Fox Entertainment Group, covers contributing factors to growth of counterfeiting, payment processors as red flags, cooperative approaches to brand protection, and more.
Matt Sample, from AmerisourceBergen, describes his experiences using DSCSA Serialization and Pilot Programs inside his organization in regards to traceability.
Is your company contemplating the best strategies to reduce the threat of counterfeiting? Learn about how Lexmark halted these threats with serialization, authentication, and a track and trace strategy through its partnership with Verify Brand!
Justin Pierce, Partner at Venable, and Cynthia Tregillis, Senior Director, Brand Protection & Trademark Law at Western Digital, go into preventative measures for Border & Customs, the Dark Web, Grey Markets, and more in this presentation.
Dr. Peggy E. Chaudry, of Villanova School of Business at Villanova University, discusses the top five harmful commodities seized, the pharmaceutical crime incidents, illegal internet pharmacies and the proposed new sentencing guidelines to handle them in this past presentation.
Bruce L. Gundy is responsible for directing investigations involving crimes against AmerisourceBergen Corporation. In this past presentation, he discusses curbing diversion and counterfeits entering the supply chain, the five phases of investigation and lessons learned in the investigations.
Eugene Hackett, Director, Corporate Security, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, discusses the improvements in the penal law, the private/public partnership and best practices for combating counterfeits with a focus on Columbia in this past presentation.
Steve Stein, Technical Accounts Manager at KODAK and John J. DiPalo, Chief Operating Officer at Acsis, discuss a century of regulatory change from products to packaging to pedigree in this past presentation.
In preparation for the Pharma Anti-Counterfeiting & Brand Protection Summit, we wanted to exclusively share these past presentations with you. Below you will find expert content on:
- SWOT Analysis: Fracture Points within your Cyber Security: Joseph Buerger, Brand Protection Technologies Manager, Takeda Pharmaceuticals
- Exploring Cross Agency Collaboration in Operation Pangea X: Shauna Frye, Special Agent FDA, Office of Criminal Investigations; Edwardo Rosario, Special Agent, DHS | Homeland Security Investigations (HSI)
- IP Strategies to Protect your Brand: Alaina van Horn, Attorney, U.S. Customs & Border Protection, Office of International Trade, Intellectual Property Rights Enforcement
- How Abuse-Deterrent Reformulated Opioids Can Stop a Costly Problem: Diversion: Dan Cohen, Executive Vice President, Government & Public Relations
- Utilizing the GS1 US Implementation Guidelines in Traceability to Best Avoid Counterfeiting: Gregory Bylo, VP Healthcare, GS1 US
In this presentation, Joseph Buerger, Brand Protection Technologies Manager, Takeda Pharmaceuticals, presents on:
- Identifying the areas cyber supply chain risks touch such as sourcing, vendor management, supply chain continuity and quality, transportation security and more
- Reviewing key cyber supply chain risks that exist in the above areas
- Exploring the roles people, processes, and technology gaps play in cyber security
- How to properly assess the strength of your cyber supply chain practices with SWOT analysis
In this presentation, Shauna Frye, Special Agent, FDA, Office of Criminal Investigations; and Edwardo Rosario, Special Agent, DHS | Homeland Security Investigations (HSI), present on:
- Examining the role of multiple agencies in Operation Pangea X
- Creating a mechanism for effective coordination between all stakeholders of the public and private sectors
- How to connect agencies at the regional, national and international levels
- Learn important takeaways from the agencies involved in Operation Pangea X
In this presentation, Alaina van Horn, Attorney, U.S. Customs & Border Protection, Office of International Trade, Intellectual Property Rights Enforcement, presents on:
- Learning what drugs are at most risk and where to pay most attention
- Discussing the global impact and economic cost
- Strategizing Intellectual Property Protection for patents, trademarks and copyrights
- Learn a legal authority’s perspective on what you can and cannot do
In this presentation, Dan Cohen, Executive Vice President, Government & Public Relations, presents on:
- Why you should invest in ADFs and the investments made so far
- Understanding how ADFs are effective in reducing the diversion of pharmaceutical products
- Comparing recent data on drug abuse and diversion before and after formulation
- Learning from law enforcement to round out your pharmaceutical landscape
In this presentation, Gregory Bylo, VP Healthcare, GS1 US, presents on:
- Why are data standards important?
- Identifying how these standards effect you and what to watch out for
- How GS1 standards are helping to ensure you meet the DSCSA’s requirements for data exchange while protecting from counterfeiters
- Using the enhanced EPCIS 1.2 to meet real-world scenarios captured as part of pharmaceutical serialization implementations